This brings me to the final post in my pancake series.
These days, i’m happy to try new kinds of pancakes. I can no longer eat lemon and sugar pancakes without cinnamon. I prefer the thin ones. Nutella on pancakes is love. Biltong on panakes is not.
Some of the pancakes I’ve had over the past 11 days, and how I rate them.
- Strawberry and Nutella: Amazing. However, these particular strawberries tasted like amoxicillin.
- Nutella: On it’s own, Nutella is still kudutastic.
- Lemon and sugar: I couldn’t do it. My parents ate these ones.
- Maple Syrup: So beautiful. I like to balance maple syrup pancakes with cinnamon sugar ones on a 1:4 ratio. Maple syrup is a special treat, but MUST be Canadian Maple syrup
- Cinnamon Sugar and Lemon: The absolute best.
- French Toast. I still remember the day I learned that normal people made French Toast with egg. Ew. I had always made it by soaking bread in pure pancake batter. This past week, my mom admitted that this is because she didn’t know how to make French Toast when I was little. Our pancake French toast is fabulous when buttered and coated in Maple Syrup.